Being faced with the issue of
child abuse can be very stressful and overwhelming at times. The following
information can be helpful to parents and caregivers in
providing love and support to the child who might be a victim:
- Do not blame the child for what
- Don't pressure the child to talk
about their feelings.
- This may affect all members of the
family, so counseling may be helpful for everyone.
- Remember that recovery and healing
may take a long time.
- Resume a normal routine. Children need stability to help them not feel different or
- Respect the privacy of the child
before discussing what has happened with other people.
CHCAC takes referrals from Law Enforcement
and Child Protection Services for forensic interview requests. If you have not done so, please report possible abuse by
If you have been notified that your child
has a scheduled interview at the CHCAC, please use the
additional links below to learn more about the process and
prepare for the interview.